William W. Ambrose is an expert and entrepreneur in industry analysis and competitive strategy with over 30 years experience in the telecommunications, energy and infrastructure industries, predominantly in developing and emerging markets. He is principal of Stone Silo LLC, a consultancy that supports industry insight start-ups, and founding partner and chairman of Bluefield Research, an industry research start-up providing insight on greenfield opportunities in the global water sector. He founded two industry research start-ups and successfully managed their growth to valuation events – Emerging Energy Research, specializing in renewable energy, and Pyramid Research, specializing in emerging markets telecoms.
Other advisory roles and directorships include Promon, a Brazilian engineering consulting group, BlueTech Research, a water technology insight company, Infra Insight (India), a Mumbai-based infrastructure consultancy, and ACT Networks, a telecoms technology start-up. Non-profit advisory and consulting activities include the New England Center for Investigative Reporting, and Oxfam America, a non-profit working to end poverty.
Mr. Ambrose received an MBA from Columbia University Graduate School of Business in New York with a concentration in international business, strategy, and industry analysis. He holds a BA in economics and intercultural studies (Africa specialization) from Trinity College, Hartford CT.
- Stone Silo LLC (Boston, USA) – principal
- Bluefield Research (Boston, USA) – chairman, advisor and founding partner
- BlueTech Research (Cork, Ireland) – advisory board, founding shareholder
- CGLA Infrastructure (Washington DC, USA) – advisory board (pending)
- Infra Insight (Mumbai, India) – advisor
- New England Center for Investigative Reporting (Boston, USA) – advisory board
- Emerging Energy Research (Cambridge, MA) – founder and CEO
- Pyramid Research (Cambridge, MA) – founder and CEO
- Northern Business Information (New York, NY) – VP and director of research